Photos by:Hart & Fig Photography
I had the pleasure of meeting Alissa several weeks before she and John planned to holdtheir wedding at Vitruvian Farms, a local organic working farm just outside of Madison.
Alissa had a vision of tents and dancing on top of a hill overlooking the beautiful green hills of Dane County and the fields of produce grown by her friends who own Vitruvian Farms. The ceremony was going to be held in a grove of pine trees that set the perfect backdrop for a wedding ceremony.
While she had a great crew of family and friends to set up the big items the day before, she wanted them to be able to enjoy the day of the wedding. She knew they needed a day-of coordinator to manage the details and final set up.
Alissa is an amazing organizer, so using her lists and directions I was able to create her vision. A few of the tasks I did for Alissa and John were:
- Coordinate with vendors before and during the wedding
- Meet the families and Bridal party the night before to practice their processional
- Arrange all the flower centerpieces
- Direct guests on a special path to the ceremony, right through the tomato greenhouse
- Keep the day on the timeline
Some of the highlights were:
- The enchanted ceremony under the pines
- An ice cream truck delivering dessert and treats
- A perfect day and evening in idyllic rural Wisconsin
Vitruvius believed that all human endeavors should aim to encompass the values of balance and beauty in their works. I know that with a lot of hard work, Alissa and John were able to do just that for their wedding. It was a celebration full of love, joy, beauty and happiness!
Special Thanks to:
Em’s Treats Ice Cream (715) 218-3377
DJ Josh Rip firstname.lastname@example.org 847.800.8542