Photos by GE Creative, LLC
October, such a beautiful month, with all the fall colors and a crispness in the air! Alison dreamed of a special wedding on the family farm, with hay bales, flowers and many special touches, but nature decided not to cooperate, so plan B was put into action.
I have always driven through small towns and loved the little churches that seem to say Wisconsin. Alison and David’s plan B was in one of those quintessential little churches, it was the perfect setting for her burgundy rustic wedding.
A few of the special moments of the day were:
- The great cowboy boots the Bride and Bridesmaids wore.
- The way family and friends quickly pitched in and brought Alison’s decor to the church, to make her ceremony special.
- The flower girls, Alison’s Grandmothers, an adorable twist on tradition!
- Cows! Alison’s favorite animal in miniature tucked into her decor.
Alison, Alison’s mom Kathy, and I started working together in June, to coordinate their plans for the wedding. We worked on timelines for the day, decor and the decor layout, vendor lists, and logistics.
Their reception was at the Oconomowoc Community Center, a great new building over looking the lake. Alison had dropped off all her decor the day before, and with photos and labels on the crates I was able to create her vision, which transformed a large open room into a warm intimate event.
In addition to setting up decor (with two super-able friends of the bride) some of the other services I provided were:
- Contacted Vendors prior to the wedding day to coordinate.
- Organized the Bridal party for their march down to the altar.
- Transported items from the church to the reception site.
- Kept the timeline for the day on schedule.
- Dismissed guest tables to the delicious buffet.
The day was full of warmth fun and love, and despite the original plans being dashed at the last-minute, in the end it is really all about two people in love, and nothing can take the joy away from that.
Photos by: GE Creative, LLC