Alissa and Peter live in Arizona, but held their wedding in Madison. We got together when they were in Madison to look at the church and reception venue, and communicated regularly via phone and email. I was happy to be the in-town, onsite contact for the logistics and coordinating.
Peter and Alissa met while they were on the UW Madison Crew team as rowers. Not only are they very active and athletic, they know how to have fun! The highlight of the reception was their choreographed dance they performed for their guests, a true expression of their creativity and zest for life. There are some unique things rowers do, and it was fun seeing their traditions carried into the reception decor.
Grace Episcopal Church was the setting for their ceremony. The historic Masonic Temple was transformed into a beautiful reception hall by a fantastic crew of family and friends. With all hands on deck, the team got decor, flowers, lights and a few very long boat oars in place to create a space that sparkled.
A few of the details I handled were:
- Keeping the timeline for the day
- Coordinating with The Grace Episcopal staff to ensure their ceremony went off smoothly and as planned
- Coordinating with the vendors providing their services
- Setting up decor
- Logistics for transitioning from the Church to the Masonic Temple
- Loading the Bridal bus with necessary water, snacks and gear
- Securing cards and gifts
- Giving vendors their gratuities
Thanks to all the great vendors that made the day so special!
Gwen JeSchonek at Grace Episcopal Church firstname.lastname@example.org