Amanda originally thought she and Scott would run away to an island for a quiet simple wedding. Her family convinced her that they needed to have a wedding they could all attend, so they chose the Barn at Harvest Moon Pond for their big day.
Amanda’s next dream was a wedding that was an all outdoor affair, with live music, dancing and celebrating on a perfect summer day. With a forecast for rain for the entire week, it was a little stressful, but the day of the wedding the clouds dissipated and the sun appeared, allowing for the perfect outdoor affair to begin.
A crew of friends and family spent two days decorating, preparing hors d’oeuvres and desserts, stringing lights, writing signs, hauling beverages to make Amanda’s visions come to life.
A few of my favorite details were:
- Watching Calvin, their son, beam with joy and pride as Mom and Dad had their ceremony
- The locally grown, floral headpieces and arrangements
- The live guitar playing as guests arrived and for the ceremony
- The perfect wedding ceremony under the huge willow trees
- The fantastic live music to dance the night away
Amanda and I communicated via email and phone, as well as face to face. Our final meeting included her sister, the Maid of Honor, who promised to keep everyone calm and assist with the details. She was unflappable!
Some of the coordinating I did for Amanda and Scott was:
- Coordinate the rehearsal Friday night
- Assist with setting up decor
- Coordinating with vendors
- Keeping the day’s timeline
- Setting up and decorating the gift, dessert, appetizer, and cocktail tables
- Securing gifts and cards
- Transition clean up
All the vendors and staff were fabulous to work with, everyone went above and beyond to make the day flow seamlessly, a huge thank you to: