Fall in Wisconsin, for Tawnya and Vince it was perfection; a vintage barn, clear crisp blue skies, fields and vineyards around their outdoor ceremony with friends and family and their two beloved dogs, Nala-the flower dog and Rusty-the grooms dog.
Tawnya is the ultimate DIY bride, she made her signs, designed and created all of her decor, ordered special items and was ready months before the wedding. Everything was organized into labeled tubs for each special purpose, which put her personal stamp on everything inside and outside of the barn. Twanya and Vince live out of state, we met in person a few times, and communicated via email and phone to work on all the details.
Vince works in law enforcement, and as I learned, that is a special family with special bonds. Tawnya and Vince honored that family by “jumping the thin blue line”, a blue ribbon pinned to the earth that they jumped over together to signify that they are both now part of Vince’s other family.
There were many special moments and touches that day, a few of my favorites were:
- The beautiful touches of maroon in all the decor and flowers
- The individual custom made pies for dessert
- The dogs!
- The tributes to family that had passed away, but were still there in photos
- All the handcrafted signs Tawnya thoughtfully made to guide her guests
Tawnya was a wonderful communicator, and her list of tasks she created for me was detailed and complete, a few of the coordinating items I did were:
- Pick up linens in Madison and transport to them to the venue
- Coordinate the rehearsal procession
- Communicate with vendors and ensure they were on site on time and performing their individual jobs
- Set up decor
- Arrange dessert table
- Send the Bridal party to the altar
- Organize decor items after they were no longer needed
- Secure cards and gifts
The day was as special as it was beautiful, and the following vendors helped make it happen: