The first wedding of 2019 for me started with Danyelle+David, total DIY folks, who also were so adept at going with the flow, that they took all the stress of holding an outdoor wedding in stride, they were calm and flexible, accepting of whatever the weather was going to send their way. They chose the perfect setting of Lake Farm Park for their ceremony, with a beautiful unique arch and guests seated overlooking the lake. The day started with a steady rain, but everyone kept moving forward creating and setting up the wedding decor and bringing in supplies. By 2:00 pm the rain had stopped, the chairs were ready for guests, the tent set up for dinner, and cocktails were ready to be served in the rustic park shelter.
Some of my favorite parts of the day were:
- All the family pitching in to help make their day wonderful
- The wedding arch
- The bean bag boards custom made and decorated by David
- The use of the custom of Jumping the Broom as the guests gave them a countdown to Jump!
- Danyelle’s two wedding dresses, one traditional and one modern
Danyelle, David and I met several times before their wedding day, to discuss logistics, decor and timelines. Other tasks I helped them with were:
- Coordinating the rehearsal
- Meeting vendors for wedding set up
- Set up decor
- Direct family and friends with decor set up
- Keep the timeline for the day
- Send the Bridal party down the aisle
Special thanks to all the great vendors that helped create this perfect day!