Photo by: Adam Aten
Susan and Tom held their wedding and celebration at their home. They shared their vows overlooking the rolling hills they love, and held their celebration party in a big white tent on the front lawn on a perfect October day.
We met almost a year in advance of the big day. Susan and Tom had a plan, and knew they would want to enjoy the day, not be running around organizing and setting everything up on their wedding day. We talked about how I could help coordinate the ceremony and reception, while keeping guests from wandering into the house. It was an easy task since the ceremony site was so enticing with lovely wooden chairs, an entry arbor made of two charming doors decorated with fall flowers, and a tent full of great wine, good food, and friends and family.
A few of the days highlights were:
- The joy of Susan and Tom’s first look
- Susan and her bridesmaids just having fun
- The peace of the countryside around their home
- The tasty custom chocolates boxed up for guests
- The beautiful fall colors in the floral decor
A few of the tasks I managed were:
- Coordinating with Vendors
- Assisting at their rehearsal
- Setting up final decor
- Pinning boutonnieres, always one of my favorite tasks!
- Sending the Bridal party to the altar
- Assisting Vendors
- Keeping the timeline for the day
The day was the day Tom and Susan dreamed of, casual but meaningful, full of fun and love, with friends and family surrounding them, as they formally committed to each for now and forever.