Photos by: The McNiels Photography&Films
Joy, and Joyous were the feelings celebrating Rachael and Barry’s wedding. It was their plan B wedding, but the love and excitement was not diminished in any way as they gathered with family and special friends in the backyard under a Birch Chuppah covered in stunning flowers and a clear blue sky for their wedding ceremony.
It was a family affair to transform the backyard into the perfect setting for their reception. Tables were covered with family heirloom tablecloths, candles and summer flowers that were arranged under a romantic white tent. Guests were served a delicious meal featuring fresh, local food and handmade bread.
I worked with Rachael and her mother, Lora over several months, and as plans changed Lora became the lead planner due to the bride and groom living out of state. As all the original plans were cancelled one by one, she reinvented their wedding day, and she did an amazing job!
Some of my favorite parts of the day were:
- The Bride and Groom having Spotted Cow in their Kiddish Cup
- The video inclusion of family far away
- The Chuppah flowers
- The wheelbarrow beer cooler
- The tables being labeled with matriarch names instead of numbers
- Monogrammed masks for the guests
- Grandma and Grandpa being given a special view to keep them safe
Some of the coordinating I did for this mini but mighty ceremony were:
- Assisting with planning and logistics
- Setting tables with decor and dinner ware
- Setting up the bar and cocktail area
- Placing the runner (Thanks Dad for all your help with that!)
- Coordinating with vendors
- Keeping the timeline for the day
- Pinning boutonnieres and tying wrist corsages
- Sending the Bridal party to the ceremony
- Preparing for the Champagne toast
During these new and challenging times, I treasure the opportunity to work with couples and families to create memorable special days, it is so fun to do when there is so much love to celebrate! Rahael and Barry had family that traveled from continents away and family that had to celebrate from continents away via video, but as they began their life together as husband and wife, they knew their love was strong, and that they have a world of family and friends standing with them.
Photography by : TheMcNiels Photography & Films