Sasha and Adam had planned a large traditional wedding from afar, which is never an easy task, not to mention the Bride is in the middle of becoming a Doctor and the Groom is a busy professional, when the Covid pandemic changed everyone’s lives. They realized that planning an entirely new version would be too much for them to take on, but they knew they still wanted to get married!
So, a new smaller version became a family affair to create. I was contacted by Jenya, Sasha’s mother to help them. We worked together over several weeks to pull together a gorgeous intimate backyard wedding.
The day had many highlights, a few of my favorites were:
- The live piano playing for the early evening and procession
- The wedding tent set with white linens, china, flowers, candles and cozy heaters to keep the chill off
- The Chuppah decorated with stunning flowers
- The surprise confetti tossed on Sasha+Adam as they left the ceremony
- How much Sasha+Adam enjoyed their red velvet cake
Over several phone calls, emails and on site visits we decided on the details for the day, and some of the coordinating tasks we agreed I would do were:
- Coordinate the rehearsal
- Keep the timeline for the day
- Coordinate with vendors
- Assist vendors on site
- Set up the decor and dinner tables
- Set up the ceremony items
Kugel the puppy watched from her cage as Sasha and Adam became husband and wife and celebrated with their immediate families, reveling in a day full of love and joy. Friends and family sent their love and well wishes from afar via video and handwritten cards, creating a day to remember.