A Wisconsin family farm has deep roots, and it is a special place to hold a wedding, even if it is not the original version you dreamt of. Samantha and Kurt were not going to be deterred by pandemics, rain or ever evolving limitations for their wedding, they are a get to work and get it done couple.
After having to postpone their wedding from spring to fall, large to small, they put up a white wedding tent overlooking the rolling green hills of the family farm, and a ceremony site nearby on the hillside. The family worked setting up in a day of rain and drizzle for the wedding, but as the ceremony time came, the clouds parted and the sun shone down on friends and family as they exchanged their vows.
As a city girl I was thrilled to be coordinating on a working farm with crops, cows, pigs and barns! Samantha and I met in September of 2019, and kept in contact over the next several months as Covid 19 began to change everyone’s life. When Samantha and Kurt decided to scale back, but hold their wedding we emailed and spoke on the phone to create the Martha-To- Do list.
Some of the coordinating I did for Samantha+Kurt were:
- Coordinating their rehearsal
- Coordinating with vendors
- Creating decor setup with items provided
- Keeping the timeline for the day
- Setting up dinner, card, gift and cake tables
- Setting up the head table
- Organizing the processional
- Assisting vendors on site
There were many special moments of the day, some of my favorite were:
- The Cow couple cake topper
- The many creative signs spaced out all through the tent
- The unlimited candles to use for decor, creating a warm glow
- The beauty of the farm for their backdrop
- The wooden wedding altar Kurt built and his mother decorated
- All the nieces and nephews who, as true kids made the processional fun
Samantha and Kurt share a special brand of love sprinkled with a great sense of humor. It was very clear that they will be able to roll with whatever comes their way and have a great time doing it! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your wedding!
Featured photo by: Peter Hoyt Photographer 262.949.5600